Monday, November 13, 2017

Uncial - Bodacious...

I felt like playing... and since I recently took that Uncial class, used that lettering style, and this is the result. I've been seeing this word Bodacious in a wine advertisement on TV and it stuck with me. It such a fabulous word... couldn't resist doing something with it.

Both pieces are done on Arches 90# HP watercolor paper using a Taklon Selection 1/4" white flat paint brush #23-974, fully dipped in Winsor/Newton Hansa Yellow deep, and side loaded with Cadmium Red for the word below and Alizarin Crimson for the bottom piece. For the top piece I shadowed using a 4BLead pencil and a paper stump. For the bottom piece I used a Lyra Graphitkreid 2B water soluble crayon which I tooled to have a flat side.
ID: Uncial - Be Bodacious 
Size: text area 5"w x 5"h

ID: Uncial - Be Bodaciously You
Size: text area 6"w x 7"h